Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What a difference 1tbl spoon makes

Okay, so I have been working with Healtheries to help promote the wrap and have been speaking with the nutritionist alot as she was concerned that it was still quite high in calories, so we have kinda tweaked it again. I'll show you the Nutritional Information below - quite amazing. 

Okay so first the traditional recipe. 
  • 1 egg 
  • 2½ tablespoons Healtheries Ground LSA    
  • 1 tablespoon of water  
  • 1 tablespoon of oil
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder 
  • Cracked black pepper to taste  
  • Spray oil for greasing
LSA wrap
NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings per package:   1
Serving size:   91g

Average Quantity per Serving
Average Quantity per 100g
Energy
1450kJ (345Cal)
1590kJ (380Cal)
Protein
10.9g
12.0g
Fat, Total
32.2g
35.4g
  - Saturated
3.8g
4.1g
Carbohydrate
2.3g
2.5g
  - Sugars
less than 1g
less than 1g
Dietary Fibre
3.7g
4.1g
Sodium
367mg
404mg

You can see that the fat content is quite high and without any filling it is 1450kjs, I asked the nutritionist to run the info with just using water instead of oil (as I made one on the weekend and it was just as good without the oil). I also usually do less than the 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
  • 1 egg 
  • 2½ tablespoons Healtheries Ground LSA    
  • 2 tablespoons of water 
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder 
  • Cracked black pepper to taste  
  • Spray oil for greasing
Lsa wrap –(with spray in dish)
NUTRITION INFORMATION
Servings per package:   1
Serving size:   73g

Average Quantity per Serving
Average Quantity per 100g
Energy
799kJ (191Cal)
1090kJ (260Cal)
Protein
10.9g
14.8g
Fat, Total
14.7g
20.1g
  - Saturated
2.5g
3.4g
Carbohydrate
2.3g
3.1g
  - Sugars
less than 1g
less than 1g
Dietary Fibre
3.7g
5.1g
Sodium
367mg
500mg

 As you can see the difference is huge!!!!!!!! A reduction of 651 kjs just for the oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to have a skin test today for allergies. I have spent most of the weekend rewashing clothes as took Jenny's advise and have changed washing powders etc as it appears that we may not have changed brands, it looks as though the brand may have changed ingredients. I am still itchy and generally feeling very blah at the moment. Weight is back up to 120.1 kgs as at  the moment, without any real change to my diet. I will just keep going and going though, I am not giving up, just trying to balance the whole lot. 

Lynda: Thanks for the comment, and I agree that is why the oil would have been included in the recipe in the first place, but even without the oil, the natural fat in the LSA and egg gives enough fat for me as well as the ingredients I add, such as ham , chicken, cheese etc. 
As the guy in Fathead said.....if you ate too many calories of anything then you will get fat......so I am just trying to make sure I am not eating over my calories per day whilst remaining low carb.( a little like he did in the movie) The focus for me is definitely not on cutting back on fats....just making sure I still remain under a sensible level of calories/kj's.  

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I could not believe how high some things were in calories lol, I am back to tracking and good old WW, works best for me I think... hope you get some luck with the itchiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made it without oil too - the oil is only there for low carb eaters to actually add energy!! You just cannot count calories and do low carb at the same time, just does not work. When you cut all carbs you get most of your energy from fats - that is why that oil was added.

    For you, cutting the oil and watching calories is probably best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No totally agree with you Janine. I think some people eat way too many calories eating low carb! It is all about reducing your appetite and yes, cutting fat like that helps with weight loss. The first wrap I made actually didn't have that fat in it - I got the recipe from somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought about making your own clothes washing liquid? I do & not only is it cheaper, it has no harsh chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITCHING~this i know a little something about!!! A few years ago I had itching so bad that my skin was swollen almost everywhere, if I got hot I itched worse. I was allergy tested and did all the soap and diet stuff nothing worked. I was using bactine to numb my skin so I wouldnt itch and I would cry all the time cuz I couldnt sleep it was so horrible and it lasted aprox 6 monthes. Then this year I got hives, out of no where they showed up. I tried benadryl but it didnt give me any relief then I added hydroxizine that helped a little and then stopped working then I went to the doctor and they put me on Zyrtec, ranitidine (which is a stomach acid reducer but it has some type of antihistamine in it) and also I took Atarax-hydroxizine for itching and it worked!!!!! So for itching this is my recipe for relief: 1 zertec 10mg, 1 ranitadine 150 mg, and one atarax 50mg. if that doesnt work raise the dose. This is safe I did it and got complete relief as long as I took this twice a day and didnt miss a dose. NOW HOW I GOT RID OF HIVES: I went to the chiropracter,mine doesnt twist and pop me she uses a little metal tool I call the clicker on my neck and that adjusts my body I know it sounds weird but it works. Any way the adjustment set me right and I didnt itch after that. So Its worth a try I know how irritating and upsetting the itching can be and I know I would have tried anything! So maybe talk to your regular doctor about the meds I mentioned. PS I got the zertec and ranitadine at costco for super cheep! good luck I pray this works for you too.
      Teri Raker

      Delete