Monday, March 21, 2011

Identify your feelings.

WOW, I certainly have gotten so far behind on these. I have had a bit of a weird time recently. I am not really enjoying my job atm, but I know that I need the work. I am on the lookout for something else, but there is not really alot about, which is really frustrating. 

So i have a heap of typing to do to catch up with these.

The NAWLS Small bite for March 12th  is 

Identify your feelings. 
To cope with uncomfortable feelings, you might sometimes choose to overeat, or to eat a food that isn't healthy for you. In the long run, emotional eating can undermine your WLS success. 

Mastering your emotional eating will take time, but it is well worth the effort. To start the process, first learn to identify what you are feeling at any given moment.

Action for the day:
Today, do an Internet search for a list of feelings. Print out the list of copy down ten of them that seem most familiar to you. Then, as you go through your day, ask yourself periodically "What am I feeling at this moment?" Use your new list ot help you decide, and be sure to keep a log of your emotions. 

© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment