Friday, December 31, 2010

Try, try again

Well it is the end of the year and I am really pleased that I am doing the Small Bites Daily Inspirations. I am getting alot out of it and it is keeping me focused, well mostly, although I would love to hear what you have to say on each topic, and remember it does not have to related directly to WLS, but in many aspects of our life. Also, if you want to follow me.....you can add yourself through google connect on the LHS of page.

Tomorrow, being New Years Day we are having our family get together, that is my brothers, Dad & Val and my neice and nephews, as well as Si's parents. We have not done the Christmas presents with most of that side of the family and we have a BBQ at our house. 

I am mostly on track with food at the moment, although there has been a few holiday treats. Today has been the first day since starting this posting daily that I have had some fizzy drink. But like the title says - Try, try again. 

So for the last day of 2010, the NAWLS Small Bites - Daily Inspiration is :

Try, try again
Sometimes after the holidays it's hard to get back on track again. Maybe you've put on a few pounds/kilos and feel huge. Maybe you feel like you cannot control your eating. Please know this feeling with pass. 

Keep trying. Start over every minute if you have to. And eat dense protein. Even if you have to bake chicken for breakfast, do it. Make tasty, "safe" foods, such as stewed chicken and vegetables. Eat good foods you like at every meal until you start to feel more satisfied and in control. It's hard to feel yucky when you eat solid, healthy food.

Action for the day:
Get back to basics. Eat dense protein and well-prepared nutrient-rich vegetables at every meal today. 
© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.

Well I didn't manage this today, but I did make some plans for upcoming meals by going through both my WLS friendly and Gluten free recipies. I think I also need to get to the farmers market each week and buy really fresh great ingredients for meals.

Off now to see the New Year in, not sure IF I will make it till midnight as I still have some things to make for tomorrow. Wishing you all a very happy New Year and the best for 2011. I am going to make this a WLS year.

No comments:

Post a Comment