Thursday, December 30, 2010

Get enough sleep

Today's post is about sleep and the impact on Weight loss. At this time of the year it is so easy to stay up late and get over tired with all the festivities. So I think it was quite timely to look at sleep. 

So the Small Bite - Daily Inspiration from the National Association of Weight Loss Surgery for today is:

Get enough sleep.
Do you put off going to ned so that you can have quiet time to yourself, even though you have to get up early? Do you place a higher value on a lot of things besides sleep?

Insufficient sleep is tied to weight regain. It's harer to follow a halthy food plan when you're tired. In fact, everything is much more difficult when you're tired. Lack of sleep is one of the biggest problems people have, and the most underestimated in its impact on your health. 

Action for the day:
Start a log to find out how much sleep you're really getting. Find a way to get more rest, if needed.
© 2007, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
I know this is a big one for me, I can find myself saying I'm tired at around 9pm but somehow I get cuaght up with something, or more precisely (something - the computer or FB) and I find myself in bed at 11:30. I say to myself I would like to go to the gym in the morning, but there is almost no way of dragging my butt out of bed that early. 

So, I will start this journal once I go back to work, and when I hear myself say, "I'm tired"  I will go to bed, rather than play "just one more game" on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment