Friday, December 18, 2009

Up In the Air

Still uncertain about what is happening with the house.........they have had an estate agent around, but we are not sure if the are going to put the house on the market or not. We have started looking at places in Palmerston North, but there are some real dives out there, and it makes it harder with having the dog, but she is my baby and we have references from previous landlords saying how good she is and that they never had any problems with her or us.

There are pros and cons to moving, sure we don't really want to move again, and we like our little house, but since we are both going to be working in Palmerston North, and I will be commuting 6 days a week I have to also look at the petrol costs, and the time it takes for travel. I will be finishing work at 8:30 pm and do I really want to drive 30 mins home, or just 5 mins up the road. It even means I could walk to work if we lived close enough and Si could pick me up afterwards.

The other thing is that just some of the facilities that are in Palmerston North that we owuld like to go to..........we drove through the esplanade on Wednesday night and Si had never been there.......we have lived in the area 2 years, but we had failed to take in the beauty that is around us. However, it would mean spending more money on a house that we would like to live in, and the reality is I am not sure we will get what we want for our budget.............

My weight is climbing for some reason......oh i know, must be the sugar i keep stuffing into my gob.......I have had 3 serious dumping sessions this week purley based on too much sugar. I have not been to the gym and they rang yesterday to make sure everything was okay and that i was coming back....I lvoe a gym that does that, keeps me from not using it. I will go back, just that everything is so up in the air at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Janine,
    the recipe for 'Branston' pickle is

    9 oz carrots
    2 large cooking apples
    1 small cauliflower
    1 small swede (rutabaga)
    2 courgettes (zucchini)
    2 onions
    5 garlic cloves
    6 oz chopped dates
    15 - 20 small gherkins (i actually left these out)
    1 pound of dark brown sugar
    1.5 pints of malt vinegar
    1 tsp salt
    6 tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp mustard seeds
    1 tbsp ground allspice berries
    1 tbsp cayenne pepper

    chopp all vegetables into very small pieces (about 1/2cm chunks, Put everything together and boil all this in a BIG preserving pan (or halve the quantities) for roughly 2 hours. If you keep it just bubbling it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pan so you dont need to watch it like a hawk!

    Can it in hot jars with new lids, immerse in a water bath and boil for 10 minutes to sterilize and preserve and it will keep for up to a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you may have to move again.. you just settled in!
    That sucks.
    I hope if you decide to move to Palmy that you can find a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god and after you spent all that time in the jolly garden!!!! I HATE SHIFTING I really do.

    ReplyDelete