Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Got IT

I got the on call/casual job that I went for last week. It is for Armourguard security doing alarm monitoring of all of Telecom’s alarm systems nationwide. It is a similar role to one that I used to have when I lived in Auckland although on a much smaller scale. It is only on call at this stage but at least a foot in the door and gives me a few more options.

Things have been really busy at work as we moved building and I am only just back online at work…..still no progress on the home internet….will be at least till the 14th October before I will have access there.

The house is 99.9% unpacked and we are getting there with some of the other tasks like sanding, staining and varnishing a dining room table that belonged to my Great Grandmother. It is coming up really nice and will look just the part. Also have not yet got stuck into the garden or the greenhouse, but it has been far too cold to get out there.

Riddick, Porsche and Oscar (Si’s parent’s dog) have settled in really well and are getting on brilliantly and we have no worries there at all. Porsche seems to have lost some of her obedience and she seems to have picked up a couple of naughty habits, but mainly she is good and still the loving pooch we had before.

Have not yet been out every morning with her as it has been far too cold, but will definitely be starting next week as I will be at home most of the time. Will also be rejoining Curves and going to aqua aerobics a couple of times a week. Weight is looking good at the moment and is hovering around 101 kgs to 101.6 kgs…..so I am really happy with that as it did pop up to 105.5 kgs. I had to wonder if it is the supplements as they seem to bung me up a bit……..but we will see.

Will try and take some pics of the house as soon as I can…..hard without the internet at home to get posts done, but I will try and do it from here before I finish on Friday.

Ciao

J

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job and like you said a foot in the door. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job!!

    Things are falling nicely into place for younow again aren't they? Make sure you still focus on getting your health better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo to getting the job! And to finally being settled into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations must be a relief and WHEN you have moved PLEASE take a breather and some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete