Thursday, October 15, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

We are finally back in the land of the internet, man it is so funny how much you come to rely on it. It was like I had lost a limb. I had no idea how much money was in the bank account and had to resort to calling them for a balance.

However, not having it for the last few days set up some good habits, I have walked the dog every morning since Sunday, and yesterday even did a 5.7 km walk with a cup of tea stop at Dad's. This morning was only a small walk as it has been raining overnight and I had to wear my gumboots to get down to the area that I let her off the lead. Very hard to walk far in gumboots.

Have been to Curves and aqua aerobics as well, and will be going to Curves this morning after I get some chores done. - Have got to get the ingredients for the cheese ball I am making for Dad's 75th Birthday on Saturday. Also need to pick up a birthday present for him.

Oh- I also got a call yesterday from that old schoolmate that I bumped into who is the operations manager for the catering division out at Ohakea airbase......and he has some work for me.....now it could be peeling spuds for all I know, but it is around 30 hours per week and I find out more tomorrow. This works in quite well as the other job that I have secured is only an on call/casual basis. However two things - I need to make sure that I can not work the days I am training for the other job and then, I also need to make sure that I can have the days off that I am flying down to spend with Roz in November.

I have also put my name down as a part time cashier at Bunnings here in Feilding and my Dad was talking to the owner of the New World recently and apparently although they have nothing at the moment, he would be interested in me. Now this is funny as I had sent my CV into the contact ages ago (not the same person) and never heard anything. Might pay to deal directly with the owner huh?

I think I am going to make some sort of mince dish tonight - probably just spag bol. but maybe more of a pasta bake.......with penne pasta. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back online and congrats on the other job :-). And good for you with all the exercise. Yummmmm cheese ball love them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I havent read your blog since January! Have spent the last two days catching my self up!
    You are just amazing Janine! Life drags you through all kinds of stuff and you just handle the jandel and keep moving! Everyone has bad days but some people just get stuck in a rut and dwell on it but it appears you reconise it, make a plan to get going again....and then off you go! :)

    All I can say is.... GO YOU! You're awesome!

    Hope you have a great weekend. Lets become friends on facebook :) You'll soon see whats new in my life :P

    ReplyDelete