Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wow - what a day

I have had the most amazing day today. It started like most days, off to work, etc nothing special, but this morning I decided to check my gmail email which is where I have notifications from facebook and emails via my blog.

Well I got this email from Roz who has been reading my blog for years and years......and also reading alot of others as well. She has been mainly a lurker but she has shared my ups and downs including from my old blog when I was on WW and when Mum died......she has been one of my blogging family for a long time.

Well today, she emailed me. You see, she is my half sister and although we me once, for a variety of reasons we did not keep in touch. Years later - i am blogging, she is reading, but as i never published my surname, and probably for a whole heap of other reasons, she just didn't click to who I was.........until yesterday when talking to her step mother my name came up and it was mentioned that I had had a gastric bypass. She asked if I was married to Simon and then after a few more questions it all fell into place and she then emailed me this morning.

We have already emailed back and forth and talked on the phone, and she has spoken to Sarah, he sister and therefore my other half sister and I can't wait to be able to talk to both of them. I am going to get to see Roz again in July when she is up this way.........this is such a crazy small world, and you just get the feeling there is a higher power responsible for making all of this happen now.

So - yay. I am super excited.....I have gained two sisters today!!!!!!!!! AND Roz - this means you have to comment more!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

13 comments:

  1. How BLOODY fantastic..... See a gain or two can be in a bloody good thing, lol. Im so happy for you.....I can just see you, talking 15 to the dozon about this, without taking a breath..... AHhhhhh this is the Janine we all know and love.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Sister here I am!!!! Commenting!! What a day! New Zealand is such a small place, and I am glad that we are now in each others lives. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful news Janine - and so special! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - there she is, there is my sis. !!! I am still smiling so much and I really really am so stoked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! I got the warm fuzzies just reading it! YAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW hardly touches it eh? That is just so amazing, and exciting, and awesome, and hell just so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing janine what a great thing this day surely will be in your history book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, what a special day for you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful! :) Congratulations on reconnecting with your sisters! :) Roz, looking forward to hearing about your successes as we do Janines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fantastic! The world works in mysterious ways and the saying 'it's a small world' is dead on!
    K-j

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re: error on page.. yep I have the same problem with lots I have tried to log onto yesterday and today.. don't know why! Have a neat weekend.

    ReplyDelete