Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hamilton Update & New Beginnings

Hamilton went well, met Annie at the airport at 6:30 and headed off. Got in with good time and headed to the physio where wer had a joint appointment to discuss exercise etc. The guy who we were going to see looked so young and we were both a bit scared he was a "gym bunny" type person, but he was such a lovely guy who was so positive about where we were at , and how we could progress. He is working out a program and emailing it through to us.

The plan is to start next week and to do 30 mins of structured exercide every day. He also wants us to have variety, so we think for me it is going to be a mix of aqua aerobics/swimming & curves which i have been paying for but not going. Eventually we think that we might get a home gym instead of curves, but I will see.

We then hooned over to the my surgeon's office only to be an hour early, so Annie & I went for a walk across to the Hamilton Gardens, where we cruised around the Victorian Indoor Garden. Was only about 30 mins before we headed back to see David.

He was really pleased with how things are going with me, and reassured me that it is okay for me to be eating so little at the moment (in fact i eat less now than immediately after the surgery) and he was estatic that he seems to have "switched off" my addiction to food. For those of you who don't know, I NEVER feel hunger, so sometimes it is a bit hard to judge how much I can comfortably eat.

Then spent some time with the physcologist and we did some art therapy, which i really found quite beneficial as a thought process. Makes you drill down and get to what the real issue is and makes you question why you belive this. I came out with a statement that I need to remember which is.

I have the tools and resources and I CAN and WILL ADAPT

After that session it was off to see Zola, the nutricionist who was also happy with where I was at. She has given me some more meal ideas and also is not concerned that I cannot eat that much at the moment.

Got given my script for my pills that I will need to take for the rest of my life which is pretty much just iron/folic acid, multivites and calcium. I have to take the calcium in the morning and the the other two at night.

Headed to the airport early as Annie shuffled her appts around a bit, so we sat and chatted and laughed and laughed till our plane was ready. On the way home the Pilot announced it was going to be a bumpy ride into Wellington which didn't really worry me as I kinda like tubulence. Well this was the worst tuberlance i have ever experienced and I really was a bit scared. I couldn't show it though as Annie was struggling with it more than me, so i just sat there and rubbed her arm to hopefully give her some comfort.

Oh, now as I mentioned a couple of posts ago. we really want to to move back to Feilding/Palmerston North. Well, I was speaking to an old workmate on Friday, who now works for a company that contracts to my work and she said she would keep an eye out. So I get back to work yesterday and there is an email from her saying ring me i have some news of a job.....so I did, and it works out that one of her girls is leaving, and as I already know the job so well, she thought I would be perfect so she talked to her boss (who I know) and they offered me a job yesterday, and I have accepted and I move to Palmerston in less than 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thins is that my old workmate is "NIX" who just last week I couldn't work out who it was who was leaving messages......all meant to be huh?

Now to find a house to live in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH and then, talking to Simon's parent's last night, htey announced that in a years time when his dad retires they are going to move to.............Palmerston North.!
Funny how everything just pulls together huh.

Anyway must run, have to get to work.

Ciao

Janine

1 comment: